Alexandria Brewing Company

Page 6 of Looks like a brewery could potentially be opening in Alexandria/Cold Springs area some time in 2017. Home — Alexandria Brewing Company Anyone fam... 107 comments | 12096 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    My little guy has been to:

    Madtree
    Rivertown
    Fretboard
    Braxton Labs
    Woodburn
    Tap & Screw
    This big guy has been to none of those LOL!
    We took our kids everywhere with us. I'm guessing they all serve food or would be listed as a bar?
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,281

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    This big guy has been to none of those LOL!
    We took our kids everywhere with us. I'm guessing they all serve food or would be listed as a bar?
    Madtree, Rivertown, Fretboard, and Tap & Screw do.

    Braxton Labs and Woodburn do not.

    They only have a beer license, not liquor licenses, but every brewery I've ever been to has been extremely family friendly.

    I know Alexandria Brewing has coloring books and crayons for little ones as well as board games, pinball, arcade, etc that are all free of charge.

    Braxton has board games.

    Tap & Screw has giant jenga, pool, corn-hole, etc.

  3. #78
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,830

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    What do those 6 month old tikes think of the hoppy beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Craft brew is the choice of drink for 6 month old kids???? Or do their millennial parents bring a child into a bar? And 80 year olds like to feel cool too.
    I didn't say that kids drank beer. The point is, breweries are filled with people of all ages. To say that craft beer is a millennial thing is a joke.

  4. #79
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,830

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    This big guy has been to none of those LOL!
    We took our kids everywhere with us. I'm guessing they all serve food or would be listed as a bar?
    Breweries and bars are two different things. Breweries are very kid friendly. Many having coloring books, board games, and arcade games. I don't have a kid yet, but I'd have no problem taking a baby or toldder to a brewery during the day. As long as one of us stayed sober to drive home, hopefully mom lol.

  5. #80
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,879

    For those of you that have been to ABC, are there any non-beer alcoholic options? My wife is not a beer drinker but enjoys her wine and Captain.

  6. #81
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,830

    Quote Originally Posted by afi100guy View Post
    For those of you that have been to ABC, are there any non-beer alcoholic options? My wife is not a beer drinker but enjoys her wine and Captain.
    Unfortunately I do not believe that they do. They have non-alcoholic options like soda, but no wine/liquor.

  7. #82
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,064

    Imagine the confusion when Ken Grossman and Jim Koch discover that they are really sexagenarians and not millennials.

  8. #83
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    “I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    29,970

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I didn't say that kids drank beer. The point is, breweries are filled with people of all ages. To say that craft beer is a millennial thing is a joke.
    You do realize I was joking, right?

  9. #84
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,830

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    You do realize I was joking, right?
    I did.

  10. #85
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Got a buddy whose having a diaper party at ABC on Saturday. Looks like I'll already be making my 2nd trip back there!
    After the discussion on the millennial thing, I am picturing a group of millennials sitting around the bar in their diapers so they don't have to get up to use the bathroom.

  11. #86
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,830

    In laws are in town, so we took them down to ABC last night for one. Father-in-law who is more of a domestic guy really liked the Kentucky Common.

    I had Random Rap Reference again, which is their New England IPA. I really like subtle poke at Listermann with the name haha!

  12. #87
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,281

    Stopped in yesterday. Went ahead and got a flight of the 4 ABC brews on tap (excluding the Barrell-Aged stuff). All were solid, but the two IPAs (Random Rap Reference & Sessions in Black) were both very tasty.

    Really cool setup and lots more room than I anticipated. @TAC, As far as food goes, wife and I split a pulled pork sandwich with mac & cheese and fries from the 4 Mile Pig, which is the food truck they've partnered with. Sandwich was good, but the mac & cheese & fries were great.

    Speaking with one of the guys (I believe Brad) it sounds like they've had a few hiccups in term of their POS and with getting some supplies (i.e. don't have their flight boards yet), but they've been adapting and working through it. Got the impression from talking to him these guys are going to do whatever it takes to make the brewery a success.

    Definitely a neat place that I'm sure we'll end up frequenting quite a bit.

  13. #88
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post

    Speaking with one of the guys (I believe Brad) it sounds like they've had a few hiccups in term of their POS and with getting some supplies (i.e. don't have their flight boards yet), but they've been adapting and working through it. Got the impression from talking to him these guys are going to do whatever it takes to make the brewery a success.

    Definitely a neat place that I'm sure we'll end up frequenting quite a bit.
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is neat inside. It has really taken them a long time to make this happen. This thread was started in July of last year. I'm sure there was a lot of red tape to cut through but hoping funding was not an issue. Not sure what business, brewery background these guys have other than a passion to make it work. I always have concerns when a place opens up and does not have the capital/or business acumen to put a lit sign on the building. No real restaurant in the place, I think is a deterrent. Hard to tell if they are even open heading South and impossible heading North. I really want it to work, but have my concerns. Same goes for the new Hilltop bar that replaced Hayloft. Same crappy place, no work done to make it better, just a new name.

  14. #89
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,281

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is neat inside. It has really taken them a long time to make this happen. This thread was started in July of last year. I'm sure there was a lot of red tape to cut through but hoping funding was not an issue. Not sure what business, brewery background these guys have other than a passion to make it work. I always have concerns when a place opens up and does not have the capital/or business acumen to put a lit sign on the building. No real restaurant in the place, I think is a deterrent. Hard to tell if they are even open heading South and impossible heading North. I really want it to work, but have my concerns. Same goes for the new Hilltop bar that replaced Hayloft. Same crappy place, no work done to make it better, just a new name.
    For comparison, the majority of breweries don't have restaurants or lit signs. They seem to do alright.

  15. #90
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,830

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is neat inside. It has really taken them a long time to make this happen. This thread was started in July of last year. I'm sure there was a lot of red tape to cut through but hoping funding was not an issue. Not sure what business, brewery background these guys have other than a passion to make it work. I always have concerns when a place opens up and does not have the capital/or business acumen to put a lit sign on the building. No real restaurant in the place, I think is a deterrent. Hard to tell if they are even open heading South and impossible heading North. I really want it to work, but have my concerns. Same goes for the new Hilltop bar that replaced Hayloft. Same crappy place, no work done to make it better, just a new name.
    When heading southbound on 27, it would do them well if they could get all those weeds and brush removed. You almost pass it up without realizing it.

    I don't think most breweries have a lit sign.

    No real restaurant is a norm for breweries as well. The fact that they have a permanent food truck is a step above what a lot of breweries are doing.

Top