A Little Good News

Page 10 of With everything that has been going on in the past week...heck, who am I kidding, there's something always going on...I'm reminded of an Anne Murray so... 151 comments | 17650 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,781

    Quote Originally Posted by kygirl View Post
    Just a little bit of a difference, huh?
    Advertisement

  2. #137
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Just a little bit of a difference, huh?
    Sure is! I think that the url attachment doesn't like zeros

  3. #138
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,781

    Quote Originally Posted by kygirl View Post
    Sure is! I think that the url attachment doesn't like zeros
    Yeah, might be. I've had it happen to me before.

  4. #139
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,879

    My oldest son is getting married today. Beautiful weather on top of it. Going to be a great day!!

  5. #140
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

  6. #141
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

  7. #142
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,692

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    With everything that has been going on in the past week...heck, who am I kidding, there's something always going on...I'm reminded of an Anne Murray song from the early 80's. Basically, that with all the wrong that is going on with the world, it sure would be nice to hear a little good news every now and then.

    I'm not burying my head in the sand and ignoring the problems going on. But, I think it would be nice to have a place to come to see that the world is not entirely evil and to be able to restore your faith in humanity. There are instances of that happening all the time, yet are not widely recognized. So feel free to post any stories that you feel fit that bill. (Please, please, please don't make this a political thread.)
    When I read this post I was hit with a great irony. On the very date you posted this, we had a major house fire. If it weren’t for the quick actions of our fire fighters, we would have lost the house completely. We had to move out during restoration.

    The good news is, that 7 months later, we are getting ready to move back home! All reconstruction is almost finished. Every room in the house freshly painted, new kitchen, new roof and updated electrical. I would not recommend this as a way to remodel, but in many ways the house will be in better shape than it was. Thank goodness we had great insurance!

    We have lived in that house for 29 years. We raised our children there. Getting displaced from our home has been difficult in many ways. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Can’t wait to get back home! That is the very best news I have had in a long time!

  8. #143
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,781

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoodfan View Post
    When I read this post I was hit with a great irony. On the very date you posted this, we had a major house fire. If it weren’t for the quick actions of our fire fighters, we would have lost the house completely. We had to move out during restoration.

    The good news is, that 7 months later, we are getting ready to move back home! All reconstruction is almost finished. Every room in the house freshly painted, new kitchen, new roof and updated electrical. I would not recommend this as a way to remodel, but in many ways the house will be in better shape than it was. Thank goodness we had great insurance!

    We have lived in that house for 29 years. We raised our children there. Getting displaced from our home has been difficult in many ways. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Can’t wait to get back home! That is the very best news I have had in a long time!
    So glad that everything has worked out! Hope your wait is short, to get back in.

  9. #144
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

    I love acts of kindness! Thanks to Officer Kelly for a very inspiring gesture-happy it went viral

    Kelly said he paid for the groceries to encourage others to do random acts of kindness.

    "It is guaranteed that Kelly wouldn't want the credit from this, but it's these random acts of kindness that inspire US ALL to be kind to others!" the Cleveland Police department wrote.
    Officer's 'extraordinary' act of kindness goes viral

  10. #145
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

  11. #146
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

    This is a story where a teen saw another person in need and stepped up to intervene.
    Teen Uses Umbrella To Shade Elderly Woman For Nearly 2 Hours At Bus Stop

  12. #147
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

    Desperate Airline Traveler Thanks NFL's Jermaine Gresham for His 'Amazing' Good Deed

    A good news story!

    “I was stunned. I want everyone to recognize how amazing it was that this guy did this!” she tells PEOPLE. “He didn’t expect anything to come from this. He never told me his name. He did it anonymously. It was so honest and so pure.”

  13. #148
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

    If any of you have been going to graduation ceremonies lately or know of someone who has autism this story & video will put an 'unexpected' smile on your face!

    Autistic Teen Stuns Crowd as He Breaks His Silence and Gives Awe-Inspiring Commencement Speech

  14. #149
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    4,273

    I have never heard of such a wonderful tribute before.

    Hundreds Of People Bring Backpacks Instead Of Flowers To Woman's Funeral

  15. #150
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,781

    Quote Originally Posted by kygirl View Post
    I have never heard of such a wonderful tribute before.

    Hundreds Of People Bring Backpacks Instead Of Flowers To Woman's Funeral
    Never heard of it either, but that is genius! A true teacher to the end.

Top