Tony Stewart runs over Kevin Ward????????

Page 2 of Originally Posted by All In Whoever puts him into the wall is my new favorite Nascar driver. He should have taken the year off, its about over anyway a... 413 comments | 22792 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    @danielfarish: @KenD51 @thadopeja MRN officials are now saying Stewart intentionally turned towards Ward.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    @BostonRobConn: .@FOXSportsLive giving updates/reports on the Tony Stewart incident.
    @SportsCenter has nothing on the story yet.

  3. #18
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    Deplorable
    Posts
    21,935

    That video is disturbing

  4. #19
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,800

    1. Zero chance you can tell I'id it was intentional from that video.

    2. I don't watch that stuff, butwhy in God's green earth would you jump out of your car and start walking on a racetrack, in a black fire suit, at night. Darwin Award nominee.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,347

    I saw the video

    I put both of them with fault and blame.
    The kid should never stand in the middle of the track and tony has always had a temper and wouldn't surprise me if he tried to get as close to him as possible to send a message but got a little too close and tragedy.

    The car in front of Tonys was able to avoid him by a lot and it didn't look as if Tony made any effort to avoid him and instead went straight for him.

    Tony will get off because he is Tony Stewart. Unfortunately both were at fault and it left a 19 year old dead.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Here's the video. Warning that it obviously is disturbing to see someone get hit and killed plus the person recording the incident does curse. Mods can feel free to remove it it deemed necessary.

    Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him

  7. #22
    Watusi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    I'm on top of the world.
    Posts
    37,270

    No way Stewart hit the guy on purpose. We're not talking about some weekend warrior here.

    The video doesn't show it well, but the track was dimly lit, the other driver had on black firesuit and helmet and he walked back into traffic. It looked like Tony's car was following another car, and that car moved over to avoid the guy and he was right in Tony's path. You can see Stewart swerve at the last second and catch the guy with the right rear of his sprint car.

    Very unfortunate situation, but there is no way I'm blaming Stewart based on what I've seen so far, especially saying he did it on purpose.

  8. #23
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    6,566

    For the love of me, I do not understand why drivers got out on the track. I know they are angry but if they want to fight, that is what the pits are for. I have seen it in NASCAR, and if fact Stewart has done it, but it is just a dumb thing to do. It is just to bad Kevin Ward paid the ultimate price.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    Always thought Tony was a scum bag. He totally revved up his engines as he was trying to pass Ward, which caused his car to hit him. He may have meant to intimidate the young man, but instead he left him dead.

  10. #25
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,800

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOGY View Post
    Always thought Tony was a scum bag. He totally revved up his engines as he was trying to pass Ward, which caused his car to hit him. He may have meant to intimidate the young man, but instead he left him dead.
    how do you know this?

    You lose any credibility as soon as you typed the first sentence.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    6,871

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    I saw the video

    I put both of them with fault and blame.
    The kid should never stand in the middle of the track and tony has always had a temper and wouldn't surprise me if he tried to get as close to him as possible to send a message but got a little too close and tragedy.

    The car in front of Tonys was able to avoid him by a lot and it didn't look as if Tony made any effort to avoid him and instead went straight for him.

    Tony will get off because he is Tony Stewart. Unfortunately both were at fault and it left a 19 year old dead.
    The guy videoing the incident that I saw was ripping Stewart, "saying he just ran over this guy", you could hear people in the background getting upset before it cut off. Didn't Stewart also injure someone a few years ago in a dirt track race?

  12. #27
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,720

    Just announced that Stewart will not race today

  13. #28
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    31,088

    I don't want to speak ill if the dead but that was the height of stupidity.

  14. #29
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,720

    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    No way Stewart hit the guy on purpose. We're not talking about some weekend warrior here.

    The video doesn't show it well, but the track was dimly lit, the other driver had on black firesuit and helmet and he walked back into traffic. It looked like Tony's car was following another car, and that car moved over to avoid the guy and he was right in Tony's path. You can see Stewart swerve at the last second and catch the guy with the right rear of his sprint car.

    Very unfortunate situation, but there is no way I'm blaming Stewart based on what I've seen so far, especially saying he did it on purpose.
    That looks like what happened to me as well...I don't think he intentionally tried to hit the other driver.

  15. #30
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,720

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    The guy videoing the incident that I saw was ripping Stewart, "saying he just ran over this guy", you could hear people in the background getting upset before it cut off. Didn't Stewart also injure someone a few years ago in a dirt track race?
    He was in a wreck where a young lady broke her back. Last year he was in a wreck and broke his own leg.

Top