AAU State 5/8-5/10

Page 6 of 9th Grade: I think Attucks Wolfpack defeated Louisville Lightning.... 168 comments | 17333 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    713

    In my opinion, the best games to watch tonight will be (in no particular order)

    15u: KY Thunder v. Lexington Future 655 Imani Court 1

    16u: Hoop Dreams Orange v. Louisville Lightning. 805 Court 1 KBA
    Louisville Magic v. WKY Elite 805 Court 3 KBA
    Shining Stars v. WKY Elite 915 Court 4 KBA

    17u: Louisville Prospects v. Travelers 16u 805 KBA Court 2
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    In my opinion, the best games to watch tonight will be (in no particular order)

    15u: KY Thunder v. Lexington Future 655 Imani Court 1

    16u: Hoop Dreams Orange v. Louisville Lightning. 805 Court 1 KBA
    Louisville Magic v. WKY Elite 805 Court 3 KBA
    Shining Stars v. WKY Elite 915 Court 4 KBA

    17u: Louisville Prospects v. Travelers 16u 805 KBA Court 2
    I'll be a busy man at 8:05 I guess.

  3. #78
    Handy Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    797

    I completely understand what you are saying YM. I have been in a position where I have had to pick up a guest player because of a deficiency in a particular position. It happens in AAU. Kids miss for all sorts of reasons. If I was at full strength, I would never add a player just to be a stronger team. It think then you do run into resentment from the regular rotation.

  4. #79
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Playing with Hoop Dreams Black
    Wait! What?!? Hoop Dreams Black has picked up a Mr. Basketball candidate? smh

    Just playing Q

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    626

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Playing with Hoop Dreams Black
    I think this is the perfect resolution. If the young man wants to play in his last chance to participate in his State's AAU Championship who could blame him. Last year he played with an out of state team so now that he is back in a state program I could understand his desire to play again in the State Championships.

    His regular team was sitting out which they have the right to elect to do for whatever reason they see fit. Playing with the other team from that program makes sense in so many ways. Kid is happy, HD program is happy, and I suspect most families on Manimal also are pleased. Coaches and Players in many instances embrace guest pickups, but rarely has my experience been that families prefer to see that.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    154

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Surprised this game isn't at KBA. This is one I'd like to watch.
    I would say it's because Louisville Magic 15U is playing on Court 1 at the same time

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    190

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Wait! What?!? Hoop Dreams Black has picked up a Mr. Basketball candidate? smh

    Just playing Q
    It is the same organization. It makes a lot more sense than previous arrangement.

    That said doesn't really matter where the young man played if the team he was playing on and organization had no issues with it. Whoever has Goodin is getting one heck of a player for sure.

  8. #83
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by MorganRaider View Post
    It is the same organization. It makes a lot more sense than previous arrangement.

    That said doesn't really matter where the young man played if the team he was playing on and organization had no issues with it. Whoever has Goodin is getting one heck of a player for sure.
    Very much a joke.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    190

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Very much a joke.
    I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. Haha.

  10. #85
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by MorganRaider View Post
    I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. Haha.
    Haha I was just teasing with my guy Coach Q a little. The drama is high leading into AAU State.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    626

    I am buying lots of lottery tickets tonight.....on my post on the bottom of page 4 it shows I received two likes-one from Coach Q & the other from Doubletake. If I am the one to help them find common ground then I am feeling lucky tonight.

    Good luck to all teams and good health to all players.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    713

    Quote Originally Posted by GoHardITP View Post
    I am buying lots of lottery tickets tonight.....on my post on the bottom of page 4 it shows I received two likes-one from Coach Q & the other from Doubletake. If I am the one to help them find common ground then I am feeling lucky tonight.

    Good luck to all teams and good health to all players.
    Doubletake even liked 2 of my posts this week.

  13. #88
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Doubletake even liked 2 of my posts this week.
    You should take a hatchet outside and bury it...immediately!

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Clarksville
    Posts
    822

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Doubletake even liked 2 of my posts this week.
    Now 3...

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    About damn time.

Top